On February 22, 2019, Chapel Church will host the second annual Work as Worship Retreat livestream event. The Retreat will bring together thousands of Christian business professionals from around the world to hear speakers like Jon Acuff (New York Times Bestselling Author), Steve Green (President of Hobby Lobby), and Megan Alexander (Correspondent at Inside Edition) explore the sacred connection between faith and work.
For Christians who also happen to be business professionals, faith and work don’t often intersect. The connection between faith and work is not always obvious, but it is a God-given calling to make them connect. What if all Christians saw work as something holy? And what if work was actually an opportunity to worship God?
The Bible is full of examples of people living their daily lives on an eternal mission, weaving together their faith and work in their everyday lives. Like the men and women of the Bible, God designed Christians to worship AND work together. RightNow Media is passionate about seeing the two brought back together, which is why the Work as Worship Retreat was organized.
God gives every person their talents and skills so that through them we might worship him. The Work as Worship Retreat is an opportunity to connect our talents and skills back to our daily worship through work.
- This event will be a live simulcast from Frisco, TX at Preston Trail Community Church. Chapel will be streaming the event in real time at our facility.
- Registration will run from 8:00-8:30am, with the event starting promptly at 8:30am.
- The Work as Worship Retreat will be located in Room A3/A5 in our Education Wing.
- Lunch will be provided, and is included in the registration fee.
- The Susquehanna Conference (SUSUMC) will be awarding 0.5 CEUs for attendance at this retreat for qualified individuals. Please ask for a CEU certificate upon check in at the retreat.